In this policy, "us", "we" or "our" means Sanders Noonan.
We respect the privacy of your personal information.
We are bound by the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cwth) (subject to exemptions that apply to us under the Act).
We may, from time to time, review and update this policy, including to take account of new or amended laws, new technology and/or changes to our operations. All personal information held by us will be governed by the most recently updated policy.
This policy was last updated in November 2016.
Without limiting the generality of the above statement, your use of this website constitutes an acknowledgement that you have been made aware of our privacy policies.
This policy does not create or confer upon any individual any rights, or impose upon us any rights or obligations outside of, or in addition to, those rights or obligations imposed by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the Spam Act 2003 (Cth), the Do Not Call Register Act 2006 (Cth) or related legislation ('the legislation'). Should there be, in a specific case, any inconsistency between this statement and the Act, this statement shall be interpreted, in respect of that case, to give effect to, and comply with the legislation.
This policy includes examples but is not intended to be restricted in its application to such examples, therefore where the word 'including is used, it shall mean 'including without limitation'.
Personal Information is information or an opinion (including information or an opinion on a database) whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can be reasonably ascertained from information or opinion.
We make no representations about the accuracy or suitability of the information or links provided on its web pages. Without limitation, this extends to any market research or commentary contained in this website. This information is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty. Any person viewing these web pages must make their own independent enquiries before relying on any information provided in this website.
What personal information we collect and why
In order to provide you with services, answer your enquiries, deal with your requests or improve the services we offer you, we may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- Information, such as your name, email, phone number and other contact details (including information that you provide by filling in forms on the web site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the web site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for personal information if you report a problem with the web site.
- If your contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visit to the web site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
How we use the personal information
We may use personal information in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the web site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To keep you up to date with both the sales and rental property market, including new listings, recent sales, auction results, property reports and other information related to the property market. This information may be communicated to you by email, sms, mms, phonecalls, social media or other such methods we deem to use.
- To provide a better service to you, for instance by automatically populating forms on the web site by which you make enquiries.
- To provide you with service information, products or services that you request from us.
- To allow your to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service and remind you of your password and username.
Who we disclose the personal information to
We may disclose information held about you to the follow types of organisations:
- Estate agents and estate agencies.
- Relevant public authorities, our legal representatives or other concerned parties, in special situations where, either:
- We have reason to believe that disclosing your personal information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities; or
- We believe, in good faith, that the law requires disclosure.
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to the web site, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
However, we will endeavour to take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected on transmission and is stored (on receipt) in a secure environment protected from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. We use industry standard safeguards to ensure the security of personal information through physical, electronic and managerial procedures. When we no longer requires personal information, it will safely destroy the information and delete it from its systems.
Subject to some exceptions in the Privacy Act, you have the right to seek access to and update the personal information we hold about you. If you make an access request, we will ask you to verify your identity. We may charge a fee to cover the costs of meeting your request.
If you would like to seek access to personal information we hold about you, or if you have any questions or complaints about how we collect, use, disclose, manage or store your personal information, you can use the "Contact Us" form on this website (selecting the "IT" Who For), or write to:
PO Box 11
© Sanders Noonan Pty Ltd 2016
This web site and its contents are subject to copyright under the laws of Australia and, through international treaties, other countries. The Copyright is owned by Sanders Noonan, or in the case of some of the materials, by third parties.
The material on this web site may be downloaded for personal use only and may not be used for any other purpose without the prior written consent of Sanders Noonan. You must not reproduce, transmit, adapt or otherwise exercise the copyright in the whole or any part of this web site except with the prior written consent of Sanders Noonan.